If you’ve been thinking about starting a business, and are keen to get a behind-the-scenes look of where an established business began (along with avoiding some big mistakes along the way), then I’m excited to share the So You Want to Start a Business podcast with you.
A few weeks ago, I was lucky enough to be interviewed by Ingrid Thompson, the founder of Healthy Numbers and host of So You Want to Start a Business, on my journey starting and growing Grammar Factory.
Just some of what we covered includes:
- A behind-the-scenes look at the Grammar Factory business journey – how it started, where I found my first clients, and some of the mistakes I’ve made along the way.
- My motivations for getting into business and wanting to leave the corporate world.
- How we figure out what our customers are looking for, and how we use that knowledge to develop premium products and services.
- How I funded my business in the early days, before it was making a steady income.
- How we find new customers, and how we’re moving beyond referrals going forward.
- My unsophisticated pricing strategy, and how I realised we weren’t charging enough for our services.
- What I wish I’d done differently when Grammar Factory was just getting started.
‘There is a lot of help out there. People are very generous with their time and their knowledge and genuinely want to help others succeed… every time I’ve asked anyone for some help or some guidance, they’ve been very happy to give it. I wish I’d known that at the beginning; I wish I’d known that it isn’t always a transaction and that people are happy to help.’
Ready to hear more?
Check out the full interview:
And, if you’re thinking about starting a business, check out Ingrid’s business startup readiness assessment at http://healthynumbers.com.au/quiz, which will tell you how ready you are to create, start and grow your own business.