Ever wanted to write a book but you don’t have the time and you don’t know how to get it out there?
In this episode of Business Brainfood I share with Ben Fewtrell how you can finally make the leap. In this episode you will learn:
- How a book can help you stand out from the noise
- How long it should take to write a book
- The ideal length of a book
- Is it worth using a ghostwriter?
- Ebooks V ‘real’ books
- Different publishing deals
- The power of a distributor
- Is Amazon worth it?
And some of the key nuggets of wisdom include:
- You should see a book as more than just something that needs to sell. It is a low-risk way of clients getting to know you and so is a great tool to help you upsell a more expensive service.
- Don’t worry about giving away too much in a book. By delivering genuine value you earn the right to upsell your services.
- Being the author of a book automatically gives your voice credibility in the marketplace.
- You only need to put in the work to produce a book once and then forever it can serve as an advertisement for your business/service.
- Always create an outline of your chapters and then drill down further into headings and sub-headings. Sitting in front of a blank page is a surefire way to waste time and to lose focus.
All previous BBF episodes & show notes can be found at http://www.businessbrainfood.com.au